Translate

Monday 2 February 2015

Bellman & Black by Diane Setterfield

This book is described as a ghost story so I settled in for a scary read. I was a little disappointed only in the fact that I didn’t find it scary, but that did not detract from the fact that this was a totally brilliant book. It wasn’t something I would pick up and chose for myself, it is actually my book groups monthly read. For a start it’s historical (set I think in the 1800s) and this is definitely not an era I would pick, I quite like my books set in the recent past and classified as “crime” but this books follows the story of William Bellman who starts out playing with his friends and killing a rook. This sets of a chain of events in his future that he can’t undo, or can he? The writing in this book is lovely and descriptive and even when it is “dark” it is easy to understand what I think the author wants you to understand is happening.
We know who Mr. Bellman is but who is the mysterious Mr. Black? You will have to read the book to find out!

Click here to reserve your copy Bellman & Black by Diane Setterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are seen by Library staff before being published so please keep it clean and coherent!