Translate

Wednesday 27 February 2013

At my mother's knee... and other low joints by Paul O'Grady

At my mother's knee... and other low joints As I have got older I have made some big decisions in my life (education, job, marriage, parenthood etc.) but one of the most important has been that if I don't like something (book, film, music) I just don't finish it. Unfortunately that conclusion has just been reached with this Paul O'Grady autobiography. Don't get me wrong - I love Paul O'Grady's sense of humour and would definitely describe him as seeming to be warm-hearted but this book is just plain boring. I really and truly expected to find myself laughing out loud and not wanting to put the book down but in actual fact I've hardly been able to bring myself to pick it up in the first place. Far too much information about his family and not enough stories about Mr O'Grady himself - I've had it for weeks and have now given up at page 136 - maybe it's fantastic from there on in but I'm never gonna find out...

Click here to reserve a copy

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are seen by Library staff before being published so please keep it clean and coherent!